The Workforce Education and Instructional Technology Graduate Association (WEITGA) is a student organization dedicated to serving graduate students in the Department of Workforce Education and Instructional Technology at UGA. WEITGA makes efforts to foster relationships and communication between students and faculty in our department to establish a community of shared knowledge and collaboration.
Traditionally, WEITGA focuses on professional development for the whole Workforce Education and Instructional Technology department while ITSA organizes more social events for the LDT program. However, in the recent two years, as some of the Workforce Education and Instructional Technology executive officers also serve as board members in ITSA, these two student associations collaborate with each other to provide professional development opportunities, support student research, and organize social events.
The 2023–2024 Executive Committee:
- President: Fan Yang (email@example.com)
- Vice President: Sicheng Jin (SJ) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Secretary: Zheying Zhu (email@example.com)
- Treasurer: Hyejin Hwang (Jinny) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Professional Development Coordinator: Komal Farooq (Komal.Farooq@uga.edu)